If you have an emergency or need to contact us, please use the main camp number: 920 205 2753. This is also Rhonda’s cell phone that she has on her at all times. If you are not able to get through right away, please leave a message and Rhonda will get back to you ASAP.
As a parent of four, I know that sending your child off to wakeboard or wakesurf lessons is a big decision, and can be a little intimidating. If our website doesn’t answer all of your questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Our mission at Gordy Bubolz Wakeboard Camp is to provide the nations best wakeboard camp experience by offering a safe and fun environment for all students, and to build self esteem and confidence through reaching goals in wakeboarding. We provide individualized training and the latest coaching techniques designed to take our students up the ladder of progression at their own pace, so they can safely progress in the sport. In all our activities at camp, our instructors and staff seek to conduct themselves in a way that will give honor to the Lord.
Application & Release Form
If you wish to download and print the application and release form to fill out and mail them into the camp, use the links below. Please fill them out, sign them, and mail the with your deposit to:
Gordy Bubolz Wakeboard Camp
P.O. Box 2561
Appleton, WI 54912
USA Waterski Affiliated Wakeboard School
- All of the coaches at Gordy Bubolz Wakeboard Camp have at least 10 years wakeboarding/boat driving experience, 3 season’s professional coaching experience, and are USA Water Ski Level One certified Instructors.
- Everything at camp is fully supervised; we have a student to staff ratio of 3 students per 1 staff member.
- All staff members are current in CPR certification, and First Aid Certified as well.
- Life Jackets are required when wakeboarding and helmets are available on request.
- While not every hard fall is preventable, our coaches are trained to cut the throttle when improper body posture is seen, greatly reducing the number of hard falls on the water.
- Students are always taught the basics of wakeboarding, and brought up the ladder of progression slowly, which makes the sport more fun, reduces the number of falls, and helps students learn faster and easier.
- 10:30 P.M. lights out is enforced. Gordy and the other coaches stay on site overnight.
- Students sleeping quarters are never Co-ed.
- Any student needing medical attention will promptly be taken to our local hospital for care.
- We have a Zero Tolerance policy for Drugs and Alcohol at camp. Any student found with drugs or alcohol will be dismissed immediately from camp with no refunds given.
Payment and Cancellation
Deposit and Payment:
A $100 Non-Refundable deposit will be accepted by check or Visa/MasterCard to reserve your place for a wakeboard lesson. The remaining balance can be taken care of when you arrive at school, or anytime before.
Cancellation: Prior to your wakeboard lesson
While the deposit is non-refundable, we will apply the deposit to a later week if you reschedule.
If you get injured at school and are advised not to wakeboard, we offer 2 options:
- Option 1: Gift certificate to make up all of your missed time, to be redeemed at a later date.
- Option 2: 50% cash refund pro rated for the amount of time you will miss.
Am I good enough to attend?
We’ve had many people come to the camp that have never water-skied or tried wakeboarding. As a beginner it is better to learn things the right way before you have time to build bad habits. The learning curve is much faster for beginners; at the end of the week many people can’t believe how much they have progressed.
How much does it cost? Whats included?
The half-day camps cost $180 per person and the full-day camps are $300 per person.
Basically everything that you will need for the session is included in the price. 2016 Wakeboard and Wakesurf demos included at no extra charge
Where are you located?
We are located in Fremont Wisconsin, which is about 3 hours north of Chicago, or ½ hour west of Appleton. We are just off Interstate HWY 10, and are right next door to the award winning Yogi Bear Camp Resort.
What if I’m the only beginner, girl, adult, etc.?
This rarely happens, but if it does, after everyone settles in and spends time out riding with each other; skill level, age or gender doesn’t seem to matter anymore. Everyone at the camp begins to realize they are there for the same reason, a love for wakeboarding. Many students stay in touch after the camp and remain friends.
What if I don’t have a wakeboard?
That’s no problem, Fort Fremont Marine offers the camp all the 2014, Hyperlite Pro model boards to use at no cost.
How is the river for wakeboarding?
We ride on a 13-mile stretch of the Wolf River that is wind protected, deep, and absolutely perfect for wakeboarding. I’ve ridden on other lakes and rivers all across the country and I don’t think any of them can compare to what we have here in Fremont.
Do you pay your instructors?
This may sound like a weird question, but many wakeboard camps don’t pay their instructors in exchange for giving them riding time. Besides being stingy, there are lots of problems with this:
- High instructor turnover.
- Instructors are never taught properly how to coach.
- They only care about there riding, not yours.
I have been coaching wakeboarders for 17 years and personally train each of our instructors to be an effective coach. It may cost a little more, but it’s worth it.
Do we get to ride in the boat while other people at the camp wakeboard?
Yeah, being in the boat to watch others ride not only builds friendships, but also helps you improve your own riding. When you watch someone land a trick for the first time it gets everyone in the boat psyched and gives motivation for your own riding. By riding in the boat, you’ll also learn techniques to coach people at different skill levels. Avoid camps where you sit on the dock all day waiting to get picked up for your turn.
What will I learn?
We stress teaching the basics of wakeboarding such as proper edging, release and pop off the wake, and basic 180’s. Once you master these areas it will be so much easier to learn various inverts and spins. It’s also a good idea to have some tricks in mind that you would like to learn so we can work towards that goal.
How do I sign up?
Just Print the Application Packet, or click the sign up now link
Fill it out and get it back to us along with the $100 deposit and we’ll hold your spot. The camps are popular and will fill up quickly, be sure to reserve your spot early.
- Half Day Camp
- Sessions available Sunday evenings or
Weekday afternoon sessions 1:30-5 pm
Weekday evening sessions 5:30 pm to dusk
- Whole Day Camp
- Sessions available on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
Sessions: 1:30 pm to dusk
- Private Instruction on your Boat
- Bring as many riders as you like for private instruction on your boat and at your lake. Session start time will begin at your request.